NBI clearance is a government issued certificate. This certificate ensures that you’re cleared and has not been involved in any criminal act. This is accepted as a valid ID in the Philippines and can also be use for other legitimate identification purposes.
Effective this year 2017 onward, NBI Clearance Processing will strictly implement the “No Appointment No Entry Policy” for NBI clearance applicants. No appointment will be available on the same day of application. All NBI Clearance applicants are advised to register online and have their appointment date set in advance.
1.) 2 Valid IDs. Here’s a series of valid IDs you can use:
- Voter’s ID
- SSS ID
- PRC License
- Postal ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS UMID
- School ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID
- NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Senior Citizen Card
- Copy of Previous NBI Clearance
2.) NBI Clearance Application Fee – Depending on what purpose you will be using your NBI Clearance, you need to prepare money for the application fee. The fee ranges from P115 to P415.
Procedure on How to get NBI Clearance:
- Register an account with NBI Clearance Application Online – https://nbi-clearance.com/
- If it’s your first time, click SIGN UP otherwise click on SIGN IN for those who already had an account.
- A small window will pop out asking you to select your NBI Clearance Type. Select NEW for first time applicants or RENEWAL for those that had previously applied.
- After selecting NEW Application, the next window will request you to fill up several Personal Information about you. Supply all the details correctly. The personal information you have written will be used in you NBI Clearance Application form.
Click the box I ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE to proceed to the next step.
- In the next window, you choose to read the entire Terms of Service or just skip it by clicking the AGREE button.
- After clicking the Agree button, the window will close and you will return to the same NEW APPLICANT window which you have filled up. Now, click the SIGN IN button.
A notification will be shown at the upper right side of your screen. It simply tells you that “You have successfully registered in our portal. Confirmation Email has been sent to [youremailaddress]@gmail.com”.
- Open a new tab in your browser and log in to your email address. eg: Gmail/Yahoo mail.
- Find the email confirmation sent by the NBI Clearance Online Application website and click on Activate Account.
- It will bring you back to the NBI Clearance Application Online website. (note: You don’t have to wait for this email and activate your NBI Clearance Account. You can skip this step and proceed without activation. Go to the next step to continue your NBI Clearance application.)
- Log in to your account by clicking the SIGN IN link at the upper right side of your screen.
- Complete all the details needed in your NBI Clearance Online Application Form and click on Save Information.
- You will then be directed to the next page where you can view all the Personal Information you’ve just entered. Double check each item for errors.
- If you’re satisfied with your NBI Clearance Application form, click the APPLY FOR CLEARANCE button to proceed to the next step otherwise click EDIT INFORMATION if there’s an error.
- After clicking the button Apply for Clearance, another pop up window will appear asking what valid IDs you will present.
- Once done, click the button I Agree. For the next window, read the Important Message and click the Close button.
- You will be then redirected to another page where you must schedule an appointment with NBI Clearance. This way, you can select the date when you will be processing your NBI Clearance.
- Fill up everything and click NEXT.
- You will then be redirected to the Payment Page and select your payment method.
- Click Proceed to Payment button, after that view and save the NBI Clearance Payment Instruction for your reference by clicking the link. You may print the Payment Instruction or just write it in a piece of paper.
- The important details here are the Reference Number, Account Number, Account Name, reference number of your payment method and the amount. Make sure to pay it before the Deadline indicated in the Payment Instruction.
- After paying your NBI Clearance, make sure that you have your deposit slips or receipts.
- Now, go back to the NBI Clearance Online application and log in to your account using your registered email address and password.
- Go to TRANSACTION. It can be found in the left side of the website.
- If you have already settled the payment, the status will change to PAID.
- Click on DETAILS and print your application form.
- You may now process your NBI Clearance in the NBI Clearance Office. (notes: Bring the Application Form and don’t forget to bring your valid IDs and make sure to bring your deposit slips or receipts from the payment. Also wear proper attire.)
- When you arrive at the NBI office, ask a NBI Personnel for further instructions. This includes your picture taken and your biometrics. Last step would be the issuance of your NBI Clearance.